Sunday, June 7, 2020

Welder

Some Welder Housekeeping 

I have had this welder for a long time and it has been a trusty companion. It has welded hundreds of projects, fixed countless broken items, and has never let me down. When I bought it I quickly cobbled together a temporary hanger for the leads. I don't want to admit how long that temporary hanger has been on there. But lets just say that if it were a person it could buy beer and hammer pants were in fashion (thank god that fad has died, welding in hammer pants was difficult)



I decided that it was time to do something about it. I rummaged through my scrap bin and found some angle iron cutoffs and went to work. I decided to build a holder for the grounding cable and clamp and the Mig gun and Cable.


There is nothing special about these hangers, just some angle iron, flat plate, and some square tubing. 


Here they are after being painted. The one on the left is for the the Mig gun cable. The one on the center is for the Mig gun, and the one on the right is for the ground cable and clamp. The clamp clips to the bent rod to keep it neatly stored.  


Here is the ground cable and clamp neatly stored. 


Here is the Mig gun and cable neatly stored. 


This is not a very exciting project but it was long overdue and I am no longer embarrassed by my cable hanger. Sorry MC Hammer you had your time and it is now passed...

No comments:

Post a Comment