Monday, June 18, 2018

Vineyard Update June

Spraying

The Vines are growing quite well and progressing along. As you can see from the picture below they are green, lush, and filling in quite nicely. This photo was taken early in the morning and you can see the cold damp fog lingering over the vineyard.


This time of the year I spend a lot of time spraying. Because of the cold damp mornings the vines are susceptible to getting mold and fungus growing on them. I spray a fungicide on the vines to prevent fungus and mold growth. I also spray some fertilizer that gives the vines micro nutrients. 

Here is the tractor with my small sprayer mounted on the back getting ready to spray. 


Here is a view from the drivers seat, this time of year I spend a morning every other weekend doing this. Because of the rapid growth of the vines I need to spray every other week.  Next month the vines will have completed most of their growth and I will switch to a fungicide that lasts a little longer . The I will only have to spray once a month. 


Here is a view looking back at the sprayer, spraying a fine mist of the Fungicide. I spray early in the morning before the wind picks up so the Fungicide gets deposited on the vines instead of getting blown off . 


Spraying is not the most exciting thing in the world to have on a blog but it is a big part of running a vineyard so I figured that I would include it. 

2 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with your blog article, such great & useful knowledge you mentioned here.Your post is very informative. I have read all your posts and all are very informative. Thanks for sharing and keep it up like this.
    Vineyard Sprayers

    ReplyDelete