Monday, February 5, 2018

7mm-08 Project #19

Bluing Metal

I told myself that I would only do 20 blog posts on this project so I am going to start wrapping it up. 

Here are the parts back from bluing after a good polish. I prefer to hot blue I like the deep black color and I think that it is actually more durable. I know that is debatable but it is my opinion. 
 Here are all my metal parts after a good polish and hot blue. You can see that they are a nice deep black color! 
 Here is a trick that I like to do and the guy that does your blueing will really appreciate it because he will not have to fish small screws out of his hot blue tank. 

But the real reason I do it is so I know what screws go in what slot. So I make a steel plate that has threaded holes in it to accept all my screws then I stamp the holes so I know where the screws go. The plate can be reused several times(if you use the same type of screws) and makes life a lot easier!
 
 
Here are some pictures of the sling swivels and grip cap assembled. I think that they turned out really nice! 
In the next Blog post I will have pictures of the completed gun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment