Monday, February 26, 2018

Fishing with my Son

A Morning Fishing with my Son

On Saturday I decided that it had been too long since the last time I was fishing and that I wanted to go on Sunday. I asked my Son if he wanted to go and I was pleasantly surprised when he did.

Off to the lake we headed at 6:00AM, it was a blistery 28 degrees when we left. As we launched the boat I used a towel to remove the ice from my seat. But that soon was forgotten when we hit the water.

The boat has not been in the water in about a year so there were a few issues with getting it started and a few small issues when we were on the water but we got it sorted out and were soon trolling.

We trolled into a small bay and very quickly we had a fish on. My son reeled it in and as I tried to net it the fish came off. It was about a 14" Trout and it got us really excited.

 Here is a picture of my son pulling in the first fish wearing my old parka and his Charmander hat. For those that don't know Charmander is a Pokemon. 
It was a beautiful day on the lake, as clear as can be and the water was smooth without any wind. A little cold but we soon acclimated to it. 
 The fishing was not as good as I hoped, we hooked another fish, a 15" Trout and were able to land this one. My son decided that he would feel better if we released it so back in the lake it went.

It was not a trip of big bags or great photos of fish. But I would rather have a nice day with my Son than a pile of fish any day!



No comments:

Post a Comment